Monday 21 November 2016

MANAGEMENT:

MANAGEMENT:

Management is key in every organisation. FM17 like all other management games is important for us to practice some of the management habits.  A few key management skills that we can link and apply from FM17 to the actual organisation.


a) MANAGING SKILLS:

Managing skills is very important.  Every single person in our organisation has different personality and attitude, managing them altogether is never easy but keep in mind that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.  I always remember that I had a staff that likes to party and don't focus on his work/task but he always bring in the most business and deals for my team.  I encourage him to make use of his weakness (Partying) to meet and know more people/prospect and turn them to be our client.  That's what he did and the outcome is fantastic.  Eg. Park Ji-Sung is not the world's most gifted player but Sir Alex play Park to his strength and ended up Park is always in Sir Alex team sheet.  I remember seeing Park Ji-Sung only focus is chasing Lionel Messi and follow him everywhere (off the ball) in a Man Utd vs Barcelona tie.  That is simply sheer class from Sir Alex.

  1. Understand individual quality by speaking to them more often.
  2. Utilize individual strength and analyze how to turn their weakness into strength. 

b) MANAGING FEELINGS:

Managing feelings is key.  Most people driven by their own mood and feeling.  As a manager, it is important for us to understand our staff's feeling each day.  Some of them might had bad day yesterday and some of them might had a good time yesterday.  Happiness is KEY to SUCCESS.  When you're happy, you work well and when you're not, you tend to lose focus and drive.  Managing happiness in a team is one that keep each individual driven and focus on their task.  I remember reading a book stated that Chelsea's squad mentioned that Carlo Ancelotti is the best in managing his team's feeling.  All of the players are like a friend to Carlo when he first took over Chelsea, he speaks to all players frequently to understand how they feel and the rest is history... Double (EPL and FA Cup) at his first season at Chelsea. 
  1. Creating happiness and togetherness within your team by (Gathering, a day out, etc.) to create the (Together we achieve more) atmosphere.
  2. Spend more time with your team.


c) ATTITUDE:

Managing a team with good attitude is always better than managing a team with full of talent.  I attended a Management Seminar last year and the speaker kept asking the same question over and over again and kept giving us the same answer over and over again.  The question is 'What are the most important ingredient to have in a staff; Skills, Knowledge and Attitude and his answer is always ATTITUDE.  As the whole world know, in terms of talent, Mario Balotelli and Ravel Morrison has their world on their feet and both players currently unwanted in both of their clubs due to their attitude.  Mourinho once said that Balotelli is unmanageable.
  1. Get rid of the bad apple as it might encourage the rest of the good ones turn to be bad as well.

d) DISCIPLINE:

Discipline is important to each team.  Discipline is what defines and separate 'SUCCESSFUL' and 'UNSUCCESSFUL' person.  I used to have a superior that press on discipline more than any other things.  She will ask you to leave the office immediately if you're late to work for even just a few minutes.  I used to hate her during her reign as my superior but in the end I realized that she had changed me to another person.  I am discipline in what I do at work and off work as well.  Under her reign, I achieved nation best manager for 3 consecutive years.  She reminds me of Pep Guardiola.  Pep is into discipline in his management more than any other managers.  I remember that I once read an article stated that Pep chase and scream at Messi to stop Messi from drinking Coke.  Imagine, a player like Messi calibre still being scream by Pep just because of a can of Coke.

  1. Management is not a popular show.  Ban anything or stop anything that will affect your team's performance even if your team disagree with it.  You don't be a manager to be popular, you be a manager to be successful in leading your team to glory. 

e) TRAINING:

Training is part and parcel in each organisation.  Training lead each individual to be more familiar and master in their role.  During my time as a newcomer in the bank as a sales executive, my manager will force me into sales pitch training every morning.  I repeat the same sales pitch for 1 hour every morning before I start my work as a telemarketer for at least 3 weeks.  I am drained.  
After my 3rd week, I start my work immediately when I reach the office as I am no longer a newcomer.  I realized that I couldn't pitch as well as I did in the past 2 weeks and I also realized that my morning sales pitch training is the one helping me to get into the flow.  Since then, I had that superstitious in me whereby I do my sales pitch training everyday for at least 30 minutes before I start my work.  I did that routine for more than 2 years as sales executive before I got promoted.  
I understand the reason of heavy work load training in football before matches.  It is because training help the players to be ready in each of every high intensity match.

  1. Create a routine training that will get your team prepared in their work or task.






No comments:

Post a Comment