Wednesday 23 November 2016

2016/2017 SEASON: AUGUST 2016 FIXTURE:

SUNDERLAND VS SOUTHAMPTON:

My first game is away to Sunderland at the 'Stadium of Lights'.  
This kind of game will be  a tough test.  Sunderland's key player will be their loan star - Januzaj.  I gotta be wary of the counter attack with Defoe leading the line.

I am starting Redmond and Depay on the flank to attack Sunderland's full back and with Origi spearhead the attack.  My team had a strong foundation the defensive line lead by our captain Van Dijk. 

Let's hope we can perform a good game as my team still in transition period.  Many new players in the team.


(Source : Football Manager 2017 game print screen)

Loss in my first game.  I am very disappointed with the result of my first game in-charge.  Sunderland's dominate in the attempts on goal and possession.  I am very disappointed.  Depay had a bad debut with us.  No choice, gotta move forward and start thinking about the next game at home. 




SOUTHAMPTON VS BURNLEY:

We are desperate to win this game to regain the confidence of the team.  My team's match sharpness is weak, probably is my mistake for not handling the pre-season well.  My focus is solely on transfer window during the summer.  Will not repeat the same mistake for next season onwards.  

Key players for the Burnley side today will be Vokes and Keane.  Strong target man and solid defender.  

I am starting Ounas ahead of Redmond and Depay to remain at the flank.  Ward-Prowse to replace Rabiot in the middle of the park to dictate the tempo of the game.  All the best team!


(Source : Football Manager 2017 game print screen)


Our first win of the season.  Hard fought victory.  I am still not satisfied with the team performance.  We really need to improve dramatically when we face a tougher opponent.  




MIDDLESBROUGH VS SOUTHAMPTON: 

After another poor performance by us in the previous game.  I am going to replace Bertrand by bringing in Grimaldo.  Grimaldo is technically more gifted compared to Bertrand.  I expect Grimaldo to support Depay in the attack.  The only changes I made from the previous game. 

Our defender need mark our Middlesbrough's key player Negredo tightly.  On his day, he can punish any defender in the world.  Let's hope for a good game ahead and of cos a great result as well before the international break.

(Source : Football Manager 2017 game print screen)

Bad result to close the month for August 2016.  Really tough for the team bad run of results to go into international break.  The only positivity from my team is the performance and the goal scoring run of Origi.  Brilliant signing!  I hope he could lead the team in scoring for coming months of the season. 












No comments:

Post a Comment